Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

8 Jun 2015

My Best Friend.

It has been brought to my attention, by some of my fellow-Facebookers, that today is National Best Friend day.  I am blessed by having so many people who could warrant that title - not least my wonderful wife.  However, my best forever Friend is Jesus.  He is always there for me, whatever happens.  He never has, and never will, let me down (even although I am continually disappointing Him).  He is the only Friend Who is even able to go through that human experience that we call 'death' with me.

Yesterday, my wife and I visited a very dear friend of many years standing whose wife of 58 years died while we were last in France.  He gave me the following, that he received from the Lord in the middle the night, some time ago.  I share it as a tribute to both him, and the One of Whom it speaks - my very best Friend.

"The Lord is my Shepherd - isn't it good to know that I have a King Who sits on high, keeping an ever-watchful eye on me; One Who never sleeps or slumbers?

"I shall not want - Now, that's good to know, and very reassuring - for has He not promised to meet my every need?

"He makes me lie down in green pastures - After having fed me from the fat of the land, He grants me rest - that He may renew my strength as I continue to walk with Him

"He leads me beside still waters - He provides refreshment through His Word, as He refreshes my soul.

"He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake - He leads me in His ways.  Should I step out of line, He rebukes and restores me, bringing me back into line. ("righteousness" means right living according to His Word.)

"Even 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil - It takes light to cast a shadow.  As I walk through this troubled world, I walk in the shadow of this world's ways.  Isn't it good to know that His light overcomes the darkness?  Whom should I fear?

"For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they strengthen me - 'I will never leave you', says the Lord.  'I will go before you.  Come, follow Me.'  Your rod and staff strengthen me as You shield and protect me beneath the wings of Your protection.

"You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows - No matter how hard times are, I will overcome in His strength.  Darkness always gives way to light.  As my cup overflows, so I should be brimming over with the joy of the Lord.

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life - I accept His anointing, as He pours continuous blessing upon me.  Yes, God Is good, all the time.  His love is unsurpassable, and His mercy assured, to those who love Him.

"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - What a thought!  What a promise given to all believers!  Has He not promised to prepare a place for me, and to take me to be wherever He is?  No one knows, fully, what it is like - but I, for one, am looking forward to it!"

No comments: